Mark your calendars: Upcoming SAC events

B. Calmas '18

Layla McDermott ’18 rock climbing.

JANUARY 28TH

Date Night Taxi, 3v3 Basketball Tourney, Groton Cultural Night

Once again, the Date Night Taxi will be available this weekend. New to SAC this year, the taxi will take you, your friends, or that special someone out for good food and good times. By emailing the “taxi drivers” the size of your party and destination, you’re set up for the night: be ready to be picked up in front of Brooks or Hundred House. In addition, the competitive 3v3 Basketball Tourney will be playing this weekend. Find two friends, get ready for some good, clean fun, and sign up with Mr. LeRoy. Once your team is approved, start practicing, because a food prize will be awarded to the winners. Also this Saturday, SAC and Cultural Alliance will be teaming up for Groton’s first ever Cultural Night. In the Forum, any cultural or religious group can set up a table to share about themselves with our community. Swing by for some music, dancing, food, and more.

FEBRUARY 4TH

Drama Performance, Sky Zone, Burlington Mall

Get ready to support all your talented theater friends this weekend with the nine o’clock drama performance of “Boxes.” A musical devised by our very own students based on the idea of the boxes that society puts us in, this is a must-see. In addition to a performance in the black box, the show will also be performing off campus at Lawrence Academy. Also, be sure to sign up for two exciting trips heading out of campus, including Sky Zone, an indoor trampoline center, with trampolines from wall to wall. Halle Livermore ‘19 and Emma Matthews ‘19 say that this is a “great spot to bounce away any stress from the school week with some friends.” Just a quick thirty minute drive away, Burlington Mall is home to stores like Athleta and Urban Outfitters, as well as food stops such as Chick-Fil-A and Subway. Grab some friends and head on over to the Toaster to get some greatly needed shopping done.

FEBRUARY 18TH

A Cappella Night; Double Date Dance; Easels, Snacks, and Painting

Singing, dancing, painting, and more, this weekend is filled with the arts. Listen to the amazing voices of our very own Grotones and Maqupellas at A Cappella Night. Later, head on to Double Date Dance. Get grouped with students from other forms, and hang out in the student center! A great way to get to know students you haven’t crossed paths with this year, the dance will make for an awesome Saturday night. Make sure to hit up Dory’s and Scudder’s for some food, dance, and games. Ms. Meyer will be holding an Easels, Snacks, and Painting event, a brand new SAC event, in the Dillon Arts Center. Come on over for some light food and a painting session! A more mellow activity, this will be a great time to wind down and release some stress. A weekend packed with arts, this one will be a great one.

FEBRUARY 25TH

Drama Performance

Get ready to be in the presence of some serious talent this weekend. At the CPAC, there will be a performance of the short farce, “Black Comedy.” The main character, played by Julian Alam ’19,  is faced with the task of moving all of his furniture into his neighbor’s apartment when the lights go out. Taking place in 1960’s London, this play is full of laughs. Head on over to support your friends up on stage!