New Clubs Coming to the Circle!

• Passive Minds: Show up to learn about mental health. Or not, whatever works. Meetings occur whenever good.
  • Fracking Club: Calling all frackers! We want to bring passionate frackers together to spread awareness about the advantages of fracking,
  • Outdated Events Club: Ever wanted to be just behind the current fads and world happenings? Outdated events club is the best place for you!
  • Groton Masculinists: Have you ever been sad or down? Be a man! Groton Masculinists is here to restore masculinity in all the men on campus, meetings include gym seshs, Wolf of Wall Street watch parties and more!
  • Young Fascists: Ever think the Circle has been feeling a little too democratic? At Young Fascists we push for change in the administration for a more dictatorial system, and discuss how to point our community in the direction of absolute power.
  • (G)o or B(E)n Reyes will sacrifice y(O)ur first born child Club: It’s do or die. Ben will be taking attendance.
  • CV (College Vessel) Club: Join Joon and Sophia in discussing some of the most influential vessels to cross any college campus. No prior experience is required, just a love for the Ivy League and cool vessels!

Group Norms:

MadLibs?

Dress Code

The 2022-2023 school year will see changes we haven’t seen in years at Groton. We may see students not in masks, students in a good mood, maybe even in clothes. Who knows? For those who haven’t read the updated dress code, let me fill you in:

“Students are expected to dress in a manner that allows all members of the school community to feel that they belong AND is clean, safe, and healthy for each occasion.”

Third formers will have to actually wash their clothes.

While there is some confusion about how to make our clothes healthier, presumably the goal is that a focus on macronutrients and vegan fabric will add to a community of learning, self-respect, and learning!

“During the school day, opaque clothing must, at a minimum, cover the front, sides, and back of the torso”

Transparent clothing does not need to cover anything, however.

“Underwear should not be visible”

Don’t let anyone see you wearing underwear. 

“Clothing must be respectful of other community members and may not include profane language or images that knowingly demean or defame any person or group.”

Nothing to add about this rule. Just that Groton School merchandise is highly recommended, and the school store also has amazing half off deals including the new Groton hoodie for just $199.99! 

“Shoes must be worn in all non-residential buildings; certain activities may have more specific requirements (e.g., closed-toe shoes, long pants) for safety reasons.”

Who let the dogs out? Not Mr. Maq. Let them out at your own discretion.

“Pajamas should not be worn during the school day. Bathing suits are only permitted for swimming in one of the pools or in the Nashua River.”

The clothes you wear when you fall asleep in chapel do not count as pajamas.

We hope you now have a better understanding of next year’s dress code. We wish you all a good summer and can’t wait to see half of all your stomachs this fall!