The Student Newspaper of Groton School

The Circle Voice

The Student Newspaper of Groton School

The Circle Voice

The Student Newspaper of Groton School

The Circle Voice

Groton’s Springtime Playlist

Marlene Ma ’24

Spring has arrived on the Circle, bringing with it the typical wave of spikeball nets, discarded eclipse glasses, cornhole bags, and sit down dinners. And with a new season of time comes a new season of songs packing our playlists. As seniors prepare for their next step, this playlist of songs from all parts of the community brings us together in a time of warmth, appreciation, and love.

“It Takes Two” by Rob Base and DJ EZ Rock

“This is undoubtedly my song of the spring. The vibes in this song are simply unmatched and it screams playing bags and Kan Jam on the Circle. The awesome beat mixed with the easily rap-able lyrics build the perfect song to top my spring playlist!” – Nate Johnson 24

“Put Your Hands on Me, My Love” by Owen

“This is a song that my dad put on a playlist for my mom that she would play every night while cooking dinner. When I would sit with my mom while she cooked, we would listen to this song together, and now when I listen to it I think of my parents and some of my fondest childhood memories” – Eliza Kingsland ’25

“Crazy Love, Vol. II” by Paul Simon

“This is from the Graceland album by Paul Simon and I always listen to it to put me in a better mood. It is on our wedding playlist and we still listen to it six years later.”  – Dr. Chung

“Obi Oba Cada Día Te Quiero Más” by El Príncipe Gitano 

“This Flamenco song is simply exhilarating. I spent my break going to bullfights in Mexico City with my older cousin; this song takes me back to the chaotic and energetic atmosphere of La Plaza Mexico. I want my spring playlist to feel like an afternoon well-spent.” – Andres Palacios ‘24 

“Brazil” by Declan McKenna

“I think most of the songs I listen to are ones that I’ve heard over the years that just stick with me and remind me of home. ‘Brazil’ really encompasses the feeling of Groton (mainly because of the musical offerings of this song) and of community.” – Sophie Milner ‘26 

Mozart’s Concerto No. 23

“I think it’s very cheerful and gives off spring vibes. The third movement feels like playing spikeball on the Circle.” – Max Fan ’25

“Dancing in the Dark” by Rihanna

“‘Dancing in the Dark’ has been my spring favorite this year. You may have heard it in the animated film Home. It feels like a peppy introduction to a season of careless fun and dancing in the dark!” – Inga Bartsch ‘24

“I Wish You Would” by Taylor Swift

“The upbeat rhythm and the addictive melody get me excited. I love being outside in the spring, reflecting on my past memories while enjoying the sunny weather and listening to this song.” – Jessica Lee ‘24